Sunday, January 4, 2009

Macbeth english 11

Macbeth says, “There are daggers in men’s smiles.” It confuses me to what this means. It could mean that when someone is happy, or when they “smile,” it could make someone else angry or sad. The only time that this has happened to me is when me and my friends are playing star wars battlefront 2 for Xbox, they’ll pick on me when I can’t shoot many enemies. They like to pick on me a lot for not being very good at many games. They will even try to switch teams so that they are against me and they kill me right as I reappear. Also, they joke about me when we’ve played other games like the video game Halo and the board game Risk. Most of the time, my friends joke about me anywhere, that includes: one of our houses, school, etc. One time, my friend’s brother thought he would be funnier than his brother and kick me. I couldn’t stand that, so I yelled at him, and his brother and my other friends sided with me and also got mad at him. Even though they pick on me, a lot, they don’t mean any harm by it, I also pick them too, so it evens out.

2 comments:

  1. this must happen to alot of people ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daggers, as referred to in the play, exist in the smile of a person who isn't really smiling at you at all. Think Freddy ('Nightmare on Elm Street' allusion).

    ReplyDelete